Sunday, August 13, 2006

smile

cheerful post! the sun's come out, my SP has received her final parcel and really seems to like it and the lovely person spoiling me has sent me a lovely email to cheer me up. and whilst I had to go into work today (on what was supposed to be a day off) I got home at a reasonable time and have now got an entire fortnight's holiday coming up. time to get on with the bootees I'm knitting, then to finish one or two Xmas presents (one of which was started this time last year). and I'm off to visit my wonderful crafty nieces on tuesday. the younger one has asked me to bring lots of oddments of brightly coloured yarn for the gonks she is making...sounds fun!

6 comments:

Wye Sue said...

Are gonks still going ? I remember them when I was little....

Have a great time playing ;-)

Rosie said...

I think that this is the type of thing that Miss Pegs makes: http://www.craftykids.co.uk/crafts-detail.asp?id=1058

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Am I missing out something here? What is a gonk? In my world its a derogitory (spelling bad) turn for a larger than average nose. Someone enlighten me?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a conk??

All about gonks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonk

Have fun, Rosie!

Lyndsey-Jane said...

oh yeah! Umm only explaination is my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome does things like that to me sometimes. My boyfr finds it amusing when i use the wrong word and have no idea. Think i was think of gonzo from muppets. Will look at link. Cheers

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Just read the thing on them. I know exactly what they are now...just never knew they had a proper name. Well i've learnt something today. I used to have an HSBC one on my workstation when i worked for them.