Sunday, May 07, 2006

Meme

Found this on thereyougothen's blog and (sitting in my book-filled study which i share with hubby) thought this could be quite amusing...
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 161.
3.Find the fifth sentence.
4.Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

The novelist stands in need of some essential formal and generic mask that could serve to define the position from which he views life, as well as the position from which he makes that life public.

Crumbs! I'd better rearrange the study so that *my* books are nearer *my* desk. Have decided to repeat the excercise using the nearest book that belongs to me. here goes:
attempt 1: Jan Eaton's "Ripple Stitch Patterns" doesn't go up to page 161. (Still the best new book I've bought in a long while. My knitting class students agree, too. Two of them have bought it and one's gone on to get the knitted blocks book)
attempt 2: telephone directory (must tidy this place!)
attempt 3: But what if there's a solution?

Enough. I'm supposed to be editing that CV!

No comments: