Tuesday, October 24, 2006

neglected spouse behaviour

You know you've been neglecting your husband when you discover that he's been watching Strictly Come Dancing... That he's been watching it so avidly that he can tell you who scored what...

For those of you who don't know my husband, he's a very intellectual chap, who usually spends his spare time writing learned articles, or immersed in tomes on philosophy or abstruse literary theory. And if you've not seen Strictly Come Dancing; think C-list celebs, funny frocks, sarcastic judges, and unintentionally hilarious facial expressions.

Still, at least we sat and watched the highlights together on Sunday. And I have to admit that his daughter was just as shocked to find out about his new viewing habit as I was. Though she tells me that they used to watch World's Strongest Man together when she was younger. I used to watch that with my Auntie Joan, whose other strange viewing quirk was playing endless videos of *anything* starring Paul Daniels whilst doing the ironing. And could that auntie iron? She even ironed drip-dry petticoats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But SCD is top viewing - we're both big fans... but then John and I did meet through ballroom dancing...

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you in the photo! *waves to Rosie*

The hours I've spent pinned to the armchair by my daughter when she's refused to be put down to sleep have led to a shameful familiarity with daytime tv. However, I have never stooped to watching Strictly Come Dancing!!