Sunday, April 23, 2006

spring greens



Spring is sprung! The front garden is awash with pansies, hyacinth, grape hyacinth, and daffodils. As I've no camera to capture the garden gorgeousness I give you my latest, lazy, spring knitting project: a border of Sirdar Fizz and a tangle of elongated garter stitch in a wonderful Wendy DK cotton in variegated greens.

Still working crazy hours-and next week promises to be crazier still-but there is, finally, some light at the end of the tunnel. Meantime, my knitting classes have started again. This week was the end of the beginners' class, next week is the start of Creative Knitting. We'll be doing log cabin squares this week, which I love. which reminds me, I know I've got a copy of a book on knitting and spirituality somewhere that has some great variations on log cabin (mitered corners, puffed out layers) but am not sure where I've buried it! One of the best things about last week's class was hearing that when Angie and Emma from the group return to the US at the end of May and they are setting up a mother-daughter knitting group.

No comments: